Early College Design Principles
The small size of Buncombe County Early College fosters strong and supportive relationships between teachers and students. The real-world connections the schools makes helps students grasp the relevance of classroom instruction. We adhere to a set of five key design principles that underlie effective educational innovation:
- Ready for College: A clear focus on preparing all students for college and work
- Powerful Teaching and Learning: Instruction focuses on critical thinking, application and problem-solving skills often neglected in traditional settings.
- Personalization: Students being known well is an essential condition of helping them achieve academically.
- Redefined Professionalism: All staff take responsibility for the success of every student and hold themselves accountable to their colleagues
- Purposeful Design: The organization of time, space, and the allocation of resources ensures that all the design principles become common practice.
- Leadership: Empower shared leadership in a culture of high expectations and collaboration to ensure the success of every student.