Our School-wide Objectives
Buncombe County Early College graduates will:
- Identify, evaluate and utilize resources for research-based inquiry.
- Comprehend,analyze, and evaluate a
wide variety of texts, including non-print media and will produce a
variety of high quality written work across multiple disciplines.
- Make responsible choices for academic, financial, emotional and physical well being.
- Participate effectively as citizens at the local, state, national, and international levels.
- Adapt to emerging technologies in order to acquire knowledge and create products and services for a global audience.
- Understand what it takes to be a persistent and thoughtful problem solver.
- Communicate effectively and confidently for academic purposes as well as for successful interpersonal interactions.
Our school-wide objectives were developed with the input from many stakeholders using a community forum
model. We invited representatives from local businesses, community agencies, colleges and universities, along with students, parents and our Early College faculty to consider what all Early College graduates should know and be able to do. The result of this dialogue and revision process is the seven school-wide objectives that will inform our
teaching practices across all curricula and grade levels.