Buncombe County Early College faculty and staff believe:
- All people should be treated with respect and dignity.
- Positive relationships are a vital aspect of any learning community.
- Learning is not a passive activity; it involves active engagement, cooperation, problem solving and critical thinking.
- Quality teaching and learning require the freedom to take healthy risks, which can only happen in an environment of trust.
- Everyone is both a teacher and a learner.
Early College students believe:
- mutual respect is vital for a productive learning environment;
- responsibility is the key to independence;
- trust requires honesty and is necessary to gain freedom and respect;
- team work is important for success.